Best Solar Heating Floats For Pools
Choosing energy from the sun as a power source is not strange especially in this age where anything seems possible with technology. What many do not know, however, is that it can also be used to power pools. Often, the cost of electricity and gas could throw pool owners into unnecessary spending. In its place, the best solar heating floats for pools provide an effective way to power pools, cut costs, and embrace nature’s gift. That aside, choosing the best solar heating floats could be a daunting task. Not to worry, this article contains the best products that we recommend.
- Best Solar Heating Floats For Pools to Buy
- 1. Solar Sun Rings Solar Pool Heater
- 2. SSR SSRA-100 Solar Sun Rings Pool Water Heater w/ Anchors
- 3. Thermo-Tex 2831515 15' Round Solar Blanket
- 4. Intex Solar Cover for 12ft Diameter Easy Set and Frame Pools
- 5. Sun2Solar Blue 16-Foot-by-32-Foot Rectangle Solar Cover Heating Blanket
- 6. Noair Heat Squares NS792-6 Solar Blanket
- 7. Solar Pool Flowers
- 8. Sun Ring Water Anchor Plain Circular Solar Cover
- 9. Blue Wave NS525 14-mil Solar Blanket for Rectangular In-Ground Pools
- 10. Splash Pools Round Solar Pool Cover
- Buying Guide For Solar Heating Floats/Covers for Pools
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best Solar Heating Floats For Pools to Buy
1. Solar Sun Rings Solar Pool Heater
2. SSR SSRA-100 Solar Sun Rings Pool Water Heater w/ Anchors
3. Thermo-Tex 2831515 15' Round Solar Blanket
4. Intex Solar Cover for 12ft Diameter Easy Set and Frame Pools
5. Sun2Solar Blue 16-Foot-by-32-Foot Rectangle Solar Cover Heating Blanket
6. Noair Heat Squares NS792-6 Solar Blanket
7. Solar Pool Flowers
8. Sun Ring Water Anchor Plain Circular Solar Cover
9. Blue Wave NS525 14-mil Solar Blanket for Rectangular In-Ground Pools
10. Splash Pools Round Solar Pool Cover
Buying Guide For Solar Heating Floats/Covers for Pools
Type/material Quality: Solar floats feature sheets of heavy-duty and rugged vinyl. This is because it allows it to effectively trap energy from the sun, and an insulating layer ensures that the trapped energy is retained even at night. However, overexposure to direct sunlight often leaves the floats broken and chipped. To take care of this, look for products with durable vinyl layers with UV-resistant properties.
Size of your pool: A simple knowledge of arithmetic should get you through selecting the right float size for your pool. As a rule of thumb, purchase many floats if your pool is large and small quantities of floats if you have a small pool. This means that the size of your pool determines how much heating floats that you purchase.
Thickness of pool cover: For pool covers, ticker always means better heat retention power. This said thick covers retain heat better than light ones. Also, they stay in place during a storm. However, they are most expensive than thin ones and can be difficult to roll up.
Ring Design and Decorations: Like the ocean, the best solar heating floats for pools often come with a blue layer for easy sunlight absorption. This said they come in different sizes. Shapes, and aesthetic designs. Therefore, based on your aesthetic taste, choose a float that meets your preference and style.
Types of Solar pool covers: For better decision making, there are different types of solar pool covers. This includes bubble pool covers, solar sun rings, and liquid solar covers. The bubble pool covers feature thermal bubbles that are responsible for trapping heat in the pool. They also supply up to 15 0 F to the pool and reduce up to 95% evaporation. The solar sun rings, on the other hand, contain a UV-resistant vinyl layer to reduce evaporation and help heat retention. Lastly, the liquid solar covers reduce up to 40% evaporation. Like most liquid, they are used on the pool surface to form an invisible cover.
Benefits: Solar pool covers increase heat retention by trapping energy from the sun. They also act as a barrier between water and air in your pool. This way, you enjoy seamless energy conversion without any physical input. Since the covers not only retain heat but keep it trapped, it reduces evaporation by up to 95%. Besides, if evaporation is taken care of, it ultimately reduces the amount of chemical needed and less cost of replenishing the chemicals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do solar rings work to heat pool?
Yes, they do. Solar rings retain energy from the sun and come with magnets that hold the rings together. Not just this, the magnets reduce the hardness of the water, and the disk prism attracts energy from the sun and traps the energy as heat in your pool.
How much will a solar cover heat a pool?
Since the covers prevent evaporation and heat loss by as much as 95%, you can be sure of increasing your pool temperature by up to 150 F.
How fast does a solar cover heat a pool?
The cover absorbs about 60% of the energy from the sun and uses this to heat the pool to 10-150 F under the sun.
All things considered, choosing the best solar heating floats for pools as a cheap alternative to electricity and gas is an excellent choice. Not only does it saves your money, but it also prevents evaporation, and it is safe for use. The Sun2Solar blue rectangle solar cover heating blanket stands out as our top pick out of the bunch.