When it comes to ice-making, the default for many is the conventional freezer method—either your…
Best Heavy Duty Tow Behind Fertilizer Spreaders
Last updated on July 5th, 2021 at 01:17 pm
For those who have a large lawn or a terrace, you might be bothered about how to maintain your property. This may include spreading grass seeds for planting, distributing fertilizers, salting ice, and other landscaping functions. To perform all these landscaping functions, it is recommended that you use the right tools for the job.
- 1. Brinly BS36BH, 175 lb, Black Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
- 2. Agri-Fab Inc 45-0547 185 lb. L & G Tow Broadcast Spreader
- 3. Chapin 8620B 150 lb Tow Behind Spreader with Auto-Stop
- 4. Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader
- 5. Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
- 6. EarthWay 2050TP Estate 80-Pound Semi-Assembled Broadcast Tow Spreader
- 7. Field Tuff AS-125ATV12 Receiver Mount Spreader
- 8. Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader
- 9. Craftsman CMXGZBF7124571 110-lb Tow Broadcast Spreader
- 10. Buyers Products UTV All Purpose Spreader
- 11. FIMCO 5301845 ATV Dry Material Spreader for Fertilizer
- Buying Guide For Best Heavy Duty Tow Behind Fertilizer Spreaders
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
1. Brinly BS36BH, 175 lb, Black Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
This high-capacity broadcast spreader can comfortably hold 175lb of materials making it perfect for an acre or a larger land size. It has been designed to be very durable with polythene and stainless-steel materials. So, corrosive fertilizers in direct contact would not easily wear this spreader. For more protection, a nylon gearbox has also been included. The Brinly spreader comes with a spread pattern control. This gives room for a centered and an evened-out spread of fertilizer. The heavy duty tow behind fertilizer spreader also has a patented autoflow technology which helps to reduce waste and burns.
2. Agri-Fab Inc 45-0547 185 lb. L & G Tow Broadcast Spreader
Agric-Fab broadcast spreader has a hopper capacity of about 185lb in addition to its spread width of 12 ft. It features 13’’ x 5’’ pneumatic tires and has a coverage of an acre. This piece of equipment has its steel gear treated by heat designed specifically for increased strength. The commercial tow behind fertilizer spreader comes with a universal hitch that attaches to all tractors rapidly with ease. The pack also contains a hopper cover. In addition to these, it is quite easy to assemble.
3. Chapin 8620B 150 lb Tow Behind Spreader with Auto-Stop
4. Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader
This drop spreader has a hopper capacity of 175-pounds, can cover an area of 40,000sq ft. The hopper of Agri-Fab 45-0288 pull behind the broadcast spreader has also been designed to be rustproof. This in addition to the galvanized steel agitator guarantees longer durability. The 13’’ x 4’’ pneumatic tires give room for smooth transportation. This heavy duty tow behind fertilizer spreader also features a controlled spread width of 42 inches and comes with a universal hitch for easy connection to all tractors. Additionally, a video instructional guide has been provided to eliminate all confusion and make assembly easy.
5. Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
6. EarthWay 2050TP Estate 80-Pound Semi-Assembled Broadcast Tow Spreader
This spreader comes with an 80-pound hopper capacity, pneumatic non-skid tires, and a 10’’ spread width. Earthway 2050TP broadcast tow spreader can be easily attached to most tractors. This device saves you from the stress from assembly and reduces setup time because it comes semi-assembled. The extended wheelbase of this heavy duty tow behind fertilizer spreader is designed that way for more stability at turns. Earthway 2050TP makes use of the patented technology for more even and accurate product spread. It also comes with a new side spread technology that keeps you in application control in areas where the materials aren’t needed like walkways or flowerbeds.
7. Field Tuff AS-125ATV12 Receiver Mount Spreader
The Field Tuff AS-125ATV12 is a heavy duty unit with a 12volts rating. This powerful spreader is designed to deliver seed and fertilizer at a speed of up to 570rpm. This unit is well built and is sealed for added protection. It also comes with a rain cover which improves its durability even more. This receiver-mounted spreader has an optimum capacity of 125lbs which means it can handle up to 16 gallons of seed and fertilizer.
8. Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader
9. Craftsman CMXGZBF7124571 110-lb Tow Broadcast Spreader
10. Buyers Products UTV All Purpose Spreader
11. FIMCO 5301845 ATV Dry Material Spreader for Fertilizer
Buying Guide For Best Heavy Duty Tow Behind Fertilizer Spreaders
Type: There are two main types of spreaders. They can be either Drop or broadcast. Like their names imply, drop spreaders simply drop materials while broadcast spreaders distribute materials in all directions. If the greater spread is your target then the latter is best. But if you prefer more precision, then a drop spreader should be your choice.
Cover: A spreader should have a cover that fits over the top. This protects the user from inhaling the dust from the spreader and also keeps the material you are spreading from getting wet when it rains.
Spreader Width: This determines how much material the unit can dispense at once. The width of the spreader will determine how fast it can spread material and how convenient using the unit will be.
Lawn Size: It is important to consider your lawn size in determining the size spreader to buy. Some spreaders are ideal for small lawns while others are better suited for larger ones. If you have a large lawn, then you should buy a unit that will deliver efficiently to save time and prevent stress.
Construction / Hopper Material: You want your spreader to be durable and long-lasting. This is heavily dependent on the type of material it is made from. Be sure to check the hopper material to ensure it is durable and rust-resistant.
Flow Adjustments: This determines the flow of the fertilizer. Versatile flow adjustments allow you to adjust how much material the unit dispenses as it is drawn by the ATV or tractor.
Capacity, Size, and Weight: Your choice of spreader is heavily dependent on what you intend to use it for. The capacity can be defined either in terms of the weight or how many gallons of material the unit can contain. The capacity of the motor is another crucial factor to consider.
Tires: Spreaders typically come with pneumatic tires. Since the unit will be drawn by a tractor, you need large and durable tires that can keep up with the demands and usage.
Controls: Different types of spreaders offer varying control types. In most cases, there may be one level for controlling both the speed of the spinner and the flow rate of the unit. However, some units may have separate controls which are usually more convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
What Is A Tow-behind Spreader?
A tow-behind spreader is a type of spreader that is pulled by vehicles rather than by hand. They are used to spread fertilizers, grain, seeds, and other materials. A tow-behind spreader is mostly used by those with a larger landscape. Because it covers a larger part of the land, this spreader can save you a whole lot of time and stress.
Why Use A Tow-behind Spreader?
There is a wide range of reasons why people opt for a tow-behind spreader. The most common reason is due to its large capacity. It is designed to take on more materials compared to hand-towed units. This allows you to cover more areas more conveniently and to spread more materials. Tow-behind spreaders also allow a more even distribution of materials compared to when using your hand.
What Can I Use to Tow A Spreader?
You can use different types of vehicles for towing a spreader. Some of the vehicles typically used for this purpose include:
- All-Terrain Vehicle(ATV): Usually an ATV has either three or four wheels and it offers a quick and effective means of transportation perfect for those who have very rough or uneven terrain.
- Utility Terrain Vehicle(UTV): UTVs are larger and more powerful compared to ATVs. They are commonly used to haul equipment instead of using a truck. They have four wheels and may have more wheels for specialized purposes. They are mostly used by farmers tow a spreader.
- Lawn Tractors: A lawn tractor typically comes with a tow hitch or loop that can be used to haul small garden trailers, carts, and spreaders to distribute materials on your lawn.
- Garden Tractors: This is a little bit bigger, more powerful, and heavier than a lawn tractor, attachments such as spreaders, carts, and so on can be attached to it. A garden tractor also comes with locking differentials which makes it easier for it to handle tough or messy terrain.
Considering all of these options, what’s the best choice of the tow-behind spreader for you? I’d say the most important factor to consider is the fact that a spreader is typically a long-term investment. Hence, you want a unit that will serve your needs for many years to come. This means not compromising on quality just for lower costs. Pretty much any of the products on this list would make a great choice for you although our top pick is the Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader.