There are so many different bike racks that exist out in the market today, for…
Best Rowing Machines For The Money
A rowing machine is a vital piece of workout equipment that mimics the motion of a rowing boat. This versatile exercise equipment is suitable for low impact workout and is a great way to get a full-body exercise in the comfort of your home.
There are different types and models of rowing machines. To choose the best rowing machine for the money, you need to be familiar with the various options available and compare them. To make this easier for you, we have reviewed some of the best rowing machine for home use especially if you are on a budget. But first, we begin with a list of things to consider before you make a purchase.
1. MaxKare Rowing Machine Air Rower Dual Belt
2. Mr Rudolf Water Rowing Machine with Bluetooth Monitor, Oak Wood
3. Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Bluetooth Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine
4. Bluefin Fitness Rower Machine Blade Home Gym Foldable
5. SereneLife Rowing Machine – Air and Magnetic Rowing Machine
6. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
7. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205 12 Adjustable Resistance Rowing Machine Rower w/Digital Monitor
8. Sunny Health & Fitness Water Rowing Machine Rower w/LCD Monitor
9. JOROTO Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine with LCD Display
10. Stamina ATS Air Rower
11. Circuit Fitness Deluxe Foldable Magnetic Rowing Machine
12. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 Performance Monitor
Buying Guide For Best Rowing Machines For The Money
Resistance Types: This is arguably the most important factor to consider in choosing the best rowing machine for the money. Rowing machines have different resistance types and the one you settle for eventually determines your rowing experience. The four main resistance types include:
- Air: Air resistance rowers derive their resistance from air generated by a spinning fan wheel. When the handle is pulled, the flywheel spins to create wind. The harder you pull, the more wind generated. If you pull harder, more wind is generated and the resistance is higher. Hence, the resistance level with this type of unit depends on how fast or hard you pull. Although air rowing machines give you control over your workout, they tend to take up more space and are generally noisier than other models.
- Water: A water rowing machine operates on pretty much the same principle as an air resistance unit. The only difference, in this case, is that the unit uses a paddle that is suspended in a tank of water that comes with the unit. Just like the air resistance unit, the resistance depends on how hard or fast you pull the machine. They are generally more expensive but most people believe water rowing machines offer the smoothest rowing experience of all four types of rowing machines.
- Hydraulic Piston: The resistance in this type of unit is generated by hydraulic pistons. Usually, most rowing machines have two hydraulic pistons with one attached to each handlebar. But there are units with just 1 piston at the center as well. This type of rowers are generally cheaper and they don’t make a lot of noise. You can also vary the resistance using a knob on the machine. However, they tend to overheat so they are only recommended for short cardio sessions.
- Magnetic Rowers: They have a magnetic braking system which creates resistance in the unit. When the handle is pulled, a metal flywheel spins, and the magnet is moved closer or farther to vary the resistance. This type of unit is frictionless so they are virtually silent. You can also vary the resistance quite easily. However, most people feel the magnetic unit offers very low resistance compared to other types of rowers.
Space Considerations (storage features): Be sure to check the footprint of any rower you purchase. If you don’t have a lot of space to spare, then you should look for units that are foldable and can be stored in an upright position.
Noise Level: The noise level of a rowing machine depends primarily on the type of resistance it uses. Magnetic rowers are considered the most silent. Air and water units are silent as well but hydraulic piston units operate noisily. You should also check reviews to compare the noise level of each model you are considering.
Monitor Controls: Most rowing machines come with a handy computer that gives information on distance, time, calories burned. This allows you to monitor your workout. However, the quality of The LCD varies from one unit to the other. Some machines also sync with fitness apps for even more seamless monitoring.
Key Features of Comfort and Adjustability: Generally, you want a unit that is quite comfortable to use. Thus, you should look out for features that make improves the ergonomics and comfort of the machine. Be sure to check the seat, handlebars, and footplates of the machine. A rower with an adjustable seat height would be a great idea too. This allows you to adjust the unit to your height to ensure the efficiency of your workout.
Benefits of Using a Rowing Machine
A rowing machine an efficient cardio workout equipment that helps to exercise several muscle groups in both your lower and upper body. Some of the key benefits of using a rowing machine include:
- Weight Loss.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health
- The low-impact workout that builds several important muscle groups
- Improves Stamina and endurance
- It is great for men and women over 50 years of age
- It is a fluid and non-contact workout
- Easy to use
A rowing machine helps to get your heart pumping and improves the health of your lungs and the rest of your body. With this review, you should find it easier to find the best rowing machine for the money. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine is our top pick on this list. It is a magnetic rower so it operates silently. This unit is also quite customizable and is one of the best rowing machines on a budget.