9 Best Dog Kennel Floorings: Keeping your Pets Safe
Last updated on March 29th, 2020 at 05:48 pm
Dog Kennel Floorings
Finding the best type of flooring to use for your dog kennel can be quite an arduous task. More so, if you don’t know what exactly it is that you are looking to purchase. Just so you know, flooring your dog kennel is one of the healthiest and safest ways to raise your dog.
- Dog Kennel Floorings
- Benefits of Dog Kennel Flooring
- 1. DuraGrid DT24EVGN Outdoor Modular Interlocking Multi-Use Deck Tile
- 2. Dri-Dek Dog & Cat Kennel Cage Liner, Veterinarian or Groomer Flooring
- 3. Ergocell Rubber Horse Stall Mat – Rubber Interlocking Floor Tiles, Horse Mats & Dog Kennel Flooring | 3/4” Thick Rubber Mats – 32” x 48”
- 4. RoundLove Artificial Turf Lawn Fake Grass Indoor Outdoor Landscape Pet Dog Area
- 5. Kennel Deck Flooring
- 6. Interlocking Gray Rubber Floor Tiles
- 7. Equine Stall Mat, Bed Mat, Barn Flooring, Kennel Floors – Heavy Duty Rubber Mat
- 8. GOLDEN MOON Artificial Grass Turf Tile Interlocking Self-draining Mat
- 9. Drymate Whelping Box Liner Mat, Washable and Reusable Puppy Pad
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Benefits of Dog Kennel Flooring
1. Provides a non-skid surface: floorings made of out herringbone texture, for example, reduce sliding to the barest minimum. Also, flooring such as rubber flooring cushions the dog’s claw and absorb most of the loads from the leg. This way, when the dog walks, it doesn’t get tired easily.
2. Temperature management: Kennel flooring serves as a barrier between the hard floor and the dog. It prevents and traps heat thus controlling the temperature of theentire kennel.
1. DuraGrid DT24EVGN Outdoor Modular Interlocking Multi-Use Deck Tile
The DuraGrid DT24EVGN is suitable for use as both indoor and outdoor dog kennel flooring. This product is made for any type of outdoor area and is designed to be UV resistant so that it is durable enough for rugged outdoor use. It consists of tiles made with high-grade commercial plastic which can be cut with a power saw or sharp tooth blade and snapped together quite easily. This way you can create non-slip and slip-resistant floor covering of any size. The tile requires very minimal maintenance. It is easy to clean and also self-draining which helps to easily get it dry when you wash it or in case of a spill.
2. Dri-Dek Dog & Cat Kennel Cage Liner, Veterinarian or Groomer Flooring
The Dri-Dek kennel liner not only keeps your dog more comfortable, but it also helps to keep the kennel cleaner and drier. This extra-cushioned tile is designed to be flexible and durable enough for long term use. It is also inbuilt with pet-safe antimicrobial agents which helps to prevent the growth of mold, mildew and other microbes. This makes this kennel liner a much safer option compared to most other products. The interlocking tiles can be cut to fit any type or size of flooring and are quite easy to install.
3. Ergocell Rubber Horse Stall Mat – Rubber Interlocking Floor Tiles, Horse Mats & Dog Kennel Flooring | 3/4” Thick Rubber Mats – 32” x 48”
Ergocell rubber flooring provides a soft but sturdy and highly comfortable insulated surface for your pet. This is arguably one of the most durable floorings for indoor dog pen you will ever find. It is ideal for heavy-duty use thanks to its high compression and elongation strength. It is also quite resistant to moisture too. Since these interlocking tiles are suitable for use in a horse stall, it will hold up pretty well and guarantee long term use in a dog kennel.
4. RoundLove Artificial Turf Lawn Fake Grass Indoor Outdoor Landscape Pet Dog Area
This outdoor artifical turf lawn is suitable for use in all weather and all types of floor. This synthetic grass may is designed to be UV and heat resistant which makes it just perfect for outdoor use even in areas where the outdoor temperature tends to get high. It will also hold up both in rainy and snowy weather. This synthetic turf is made from eco-friendly material. It is also quite dense and built to be soft and comfortable for your pet.
5. Kennel Deck Flooring
The Kennel Deck flooring is ideal for creating a sanitary flooring for indoor dog pen. It is suitable for outdoor use as well as it is built from weather-resistant high-density plastic resins. This floor covering will not just keep your dog pen dry, but it also provides some warmth with excellent air circulation as well. It is built to be durable and is quite easy to clean. The deck floor also features a raised herringbone texture which keeps it from slipping off or any type of surface.
6. Interlocking Gray Rubber Floor Tiles
This interlocking grey rubber tile is an ideal way to raise your dog kennel flooring especially in areas that get wet often. These Sturdy tiles are designed to provide traction for both humans and pet in a typically wet environment. The tiles are designed to promote optimal air ventilation which prevents bad odors and microbial activity which is a common problem in most floor coverings. Installation is easy and the tiles can be arranged to suit any configuration of your choice.
7. Equine Stall Mat, Bed Mat, Barn Flooring, Kennel Floors – Heavy Duty Rubber Mat
This highly versatile mat is suitable for several purposes and is arguably one of the best indoor dog kennel flooring ideas you can consider. Not only is this mat rugged and durable, but it is also designed to be very comfortable as well. The mat has a textured surface and this keeps it quite stable and reduces the risk of slipping for your pet. The rug is heavy, so you don’t have to worry about a restless dog moving it around it is also durable and will withstand long term use since it is quite dense.
8. GOLDEN MOON Artificial Grass Turf Tile Interlocking Self-draining Mat
Golden moon grass deck tiles are not only aesthetically attractive, but it is also lush and soft which makes it ideal for all types of pet. You can be sure of your dog’s comfort on this mat. It also features an impressive self-drainage feature which makes cleaning a complete breeze. You can simply sweep the mat or hose down with water to remove dirt. It has an all-weather design and is suitable for use both indoors and outside your home. It offers excellent flexibility, and long term durability you can trust for years to come.
9. Drymate Whelping Box Liner Mat, Washable and Reusable Puppy Pad
The Drymate Liner Mat is built specifically to serve as a lining material for a whelping area. It is made of soft and highly absorbent fabric. It also has a waterproof backing which prevents liquid from soaking through. The mat’s underside is also non-slip thus providing a sure-footed surface for your pups. This liner is washable and can be reused several times over. It keeps odors and stains out pretty effectively. It can also be easily cut to fit any whelping box dimension.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Dog Kennel Flooring
Put in simpler terms, flooring a dog kennel is the process of creating a protective barrier between the hard surface between the kennel and your dog. They usually contain strong and durable materials that are designed to last even in harsh environments. So it is safe to say that kennel flooring is a preventive measure put in place to protect your dog.
Kennel flooring is mainly of two types: the indoor dog kennel flooring and outdoor dog kennel flooring. The major difference between the two is in their size. While indoor kennel comes in a smaller size, outside dog kennels are often large enough to allow the dog to roam about freely. As a result, dog kennel flooring ideas often differ based on the location of the kennel.
Some of the materials used in flooring a dog kennel include non-toxic wood, plastic, natural rubber, stone, sand, gravel, and concrete. The secret to kennel flooring is to make use of materials that are durable, waterproof, non-toxic, easy to clean, and smooth. This way, your dogs can be kept in a safe comfortable, and sanitary condition.
One cost-effective way to protect your dog is to install a dog kennel flooring. We understand that keeping your dog safe is of utmost importance, therefore, take a cue from the outdoor and indoor dog kennel flooring ideas listed above and house your dog like a champion.