For anyone who enjoys playing the electric guitar, you would realize that having a good…
Best Vintage Turntables Under $200
Last updated on March 29th, 2020 at 05:38 pm
With the new generation adopting new technological instruments like anything and doing away with the old ones, there is still a great number of youngsters who value the previous era and they thrive to get hold of the vintage cars, typewriters, turntables, and so on and restore it because the saying “old is gold” still holds relevance. That said, not everyone can spend big amounts on their hobbies or obsessions no matter how passionate one is about them. So, besides discussing vintage turntables, in this article, we will also be discussing some of the outstanding options that an audiophile has while looking for the best vintage turntable under $200.
First of all, what is a turntable? It is a record player device that hit the market during the mid of the twentieth century. It had two types: Idler wheel (also known as Rim Drive) and Belt Drive. The first one played records one after the other. Its users piled up the records on the spindle and the turntable would automatically drop the one played and start playing the next one. It was very convenient for the listeners as they did not have to manually change the records again and again. But it had some downfalls. Simply put, it affected the records quality (as dropping of one record on top of the other caused grooves and records developed a flat spot) and hence the sound experience. The latter type of the turntable did not change the records automatically but it became the most favorite of the audiophiles as it did not disturb the records or sound quality.
Coming back to the present, there is a sudden revival of the interest in the vintage turntables and the audiophiles believe that the analogue-produced music is much better in quality than the digitally-produced music. Let’s have a look at the best vintage turntables under $200.
- Best Vintage Turntables under $200 to Buy
- 1. Innovative Technology VSC-550BT-TQ Victrola Vintage 3-Speed 1. Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable with Speakers
- 2. Crosley CR6231A-GR1 Sterling Portable Turntable with Aux-in
- 3. WOCKODER Record Player Turntable 3 Speed Vinyl Record Player with Stereo Speaker Belt Driven Vintage Style Vinyl Record Player (Normal, Vintage Style)
- 4. Victrola 50's Retro 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable with Stereo, CD Player and Speakers
- 5. Victrola Navigator 8-in-1 Classic Bluetooth Record Player with USB Encoding and 3-speed Turntable
- 6. Crosley C100 Belt-Drive Turntable with S-Shaped Tone Arm with Adjustable Counterweight
- 7. D&L Vintage Record Player, Wooden Turntable, 7-in-1 Bluetooth Phonograph with Built-in Stereo Speakers, CD/Cassette Player, FM Radio, USB/SD Play & Encoding,Turntable for Vinyl Records
- 8. 1byone Nostalgic Wooden Turntable Wireless Vinyl Record Player with AM, FM, CD, MP3 Recording to USB, AUX Input for Smartphone and Tablets, RCA Output
- 9. LoopTone Vinyl Record Player 9 in 1 3 Speed Bluetooth Vintage Turntable CD Cassette Player AM/FM Radio USB Recorder Aux-in RCA Line-Out
- 10. ClearClick Vintage Suitcase Turntable with Bluetooth & USB - Classic Wooden Retro Style
- Final Thoughts
Best Vintage Turntables under $200 to Buy
1. Innovative Technology VSC-550BT-TQ Victrola Vintage 3-Speed 1. Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable with Speakers
This is a popular turntable among the music enthusiasts who have recently developed a liking for the turntables. It is a three-speed turntable (33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM) that lets you play all of your favorite albums and vinyl records. In addition to that, it includes built-in Bluetooth to connect with the Bluetooth supported devices (without any cords) that gives you a modern experience along with the vintage one. It also has a knob that controls the on/off/volume/ power function. It also has a 3.5mm Aux-in and headphone jack. So, it enables the users to listen to music with and without using a cord.
2. Crosley CR6231A-GR1 Sterling Portable Turntable with Aux-in
This turntable, a little more priced than the others in this list, provides the best experience of a true vintage turntable. It is amazing in looks as well as in sound quality. It plays at two speeds, that is, 33 1/3 and 45 RPM. It comes with high-quality stereo speakers that give a dynamic experience to the users. It uses a belt driven turntable mechanism. It plays 7″, 10″ and 12″ records. In addition to that, it is portable. Also, it features auxiliary input. Moreover, it has a moving magnetic cartridge. It is charged with an AC power adapter.
3. WOCKODER Record Player Turntable 3 Speed Vinyl Record Player with Stereo Speaker Belt Driven Vintage Style Vinyl Record Player (Normal, Vintage Style)
This beautiful turntable is a mix of vintage and modern experience. It is a great value for money. It provides three listen speeds, that is, 33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM, and plays three record sizes: 7”, 10” and 12”. For the people who are not yet equipped with a good collection of records, this turntable is the answer as it let you play your favorite albums via Bluetooth. In addition to these features, its base is loaded with spring that provides great shock absorption and delivers a high-quality sound. It also comes with a replaceable dust cover that prevents the records from being damaged by the dust.
4. Victrola 50's Retro 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable with Stereo, CD Player and Speakers
This all-in-one turntable is my personal favorite. With three speed options, that is, 33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM, it also features user-friendly recording software that allows USB connection which is also compatible with the PC and Mac. Streaming of music via Bluetooth allows connectivity to Bluetooth enabled devices from around 33 feet away. In addition to that, there is also the option of AM/FM radio with a backlit tuner. Moreover, it has an Aux-in and headphone jack. Besides all these options, there is another feature that renders it quite unique, built-in CD player. Lastly, it also allows the recording of the record on the PC as MP3. Another one hits all the marks as a top contender in our list of best vintage turntables under $200. The vintage turntable comes packed with lots of features to keep you busy listening and recording your records.
This classically built real wood turntable is absolutely an eye-candy for the vintage lovers. It also offers three speeds: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM. It features Bluetooth connectivity, analog tuner, RCA output, USB port, and FM Radio. In addition to that, it also includes built-in speakers, CD player, and Cassette player. It additionally includes a remote control. This one also has the option of recording from vinyl to MP3. Overall, this one is a good choice for new vinyl lovers and is one of the best vintage turntables under $200 that we have reviewed.
6. Crosley C100 Belt-Drive Turntable with S-Shaped Tone Arm with Adjustable Counterweight
Taking into consideration the cost of this turntable, it is one of the best belt driven vintage turntable that you will find in the market. It plays 2 speeds records, that is, 33 1/3 and 45 RPM. It is manually operated completely with the start/stop control. Its tone arm is balanced S-Shaped with anti-skate, hydraulic lift control, height adjustment, and lockable rest. In addition to that, this turntable is equipped with a built-in switchable phono preamplifier that comes with detachable RCA output cables. Moreover, its damped die-cast aluminum platter gives it a sleek appearance and it also has a felt slip mat. The dust-cover is also included.
7. D&L Vintage Record Player, Wooden Turntable, 7-in-1 Bluetooth Phonograph with Built-in Stereo Speakers, CD/Cassette Player, FM Radio, USB/SD Play & Encoding,Turntable for Vinyl Records
This is another wooden turntable that plays three speeds records: 33, 45 and 78 RPM. The three sizes of the records that it plays are in 7, 10, and 12 inches. The audiophiles can listen to their favorite collection of music even without having the records as it allows Bluetooth connectivity as far as 33 feet away. Another perk that the users of this turntable can enjoy is that it can record from CDs, vinyl records, and cassettes to the USB without the need of any software. Besides having the Aux-in jack and headphone jack, it also has the FM Radio function. You name it and this turntable has it.
8. 1byone Nostalgic Wooden Turntable Wireless Vinyl Record Player with AM, FM, CD, MP3 Recording to USB, AUX Input for Smartphone and Tablets, RCA Output
This turntable is yet another aesthetically as well as technically impressive product. It has an old-fashioned (or to be more precise, a true vintage) looking turntable. It also includes a very practical and fitting front panel that has playback controls. It enables wireless connectivity for playing your favorite music. It also allows the recording of the music from vinyl, CDs, and cassettes through Aux to a USB device. Additionally, the high quality speakers allow three speed (33/ 45/ 78 RPM) settings. It also has the Aux-in RCA jack (for connecting to a Smartphone, tablet or any other home sound system) and AM/FM Radio function. Lastly, it comes with the option of audio recording.
9. LoopTone Vinyl Record Player 9 in 1 3 Speed Bluetooth Vintage Turntable CD Cassette Player AM/FM Radio USB Recorder Aux-in RCA Line-Out
This wooden turntable has all the features that an audiophile looks for in a turntable. It features 33, 45, and 78 RPM speed options, and Bluetooth connectivity option. It also includes Aux-in, RCA jack for headphones, CD player, vinyl record player, cassette player, built-in high-performance speakers with amplifiers providing a high-quality music experience without any distortion, recording option, dust cover, and a remote control.
10. ClearClick Vintage Suitcase Turntable with Bluetooth & USB - Classic Wooden Retro Style
Last and the most uniquely designed turntable on this list is ClearClick Vintage Suitcase Turntable. It is handmade from real wood and it has a circular shape. It is a compactly designed turntable that can easily be carried due to its suitcase design and lightweight. It allows three speeds of vinyl records, that is, 33, 45, and 78 RPM. It also has the Aux-in option as well as the USB output option. In addition to that, it allows you to convert your records to MP3 as it includes the software that is compatible with Windows and Mac.
All of the above-listed vintage turntables are worth buying but if you are tight on a budget then I would suggest you go for either the ClearClick Vintage Suitcase Turntable or VSC-550BT-TQ Victrola. If, however, budget is not an issue, then you should definitely go for the 1byone Nostalgic Wooden Turntable.
I hope this article has made it easier for you to choose your vintage turntable wisely as it provides you with a list of ten best vintage turntables under $200. While buying from this list, always remember to be clear about your use of the turntable, that is, whether you are looking for a high-quality music experience like a true audiophile or you just want a vintage turntable as a decoration to complete the vintage décor of your place. Also keep in mind the other useful features while buying like the portability, wireless connectivity, recording option, and so on.
Good luck with buying the best vintage turntable under $200!