Best Touchless Thermometers
Thermometers make it easy to check temperatures and monitor fever. This makes it easy to know when to seek medical care. Touchless thermometers are even better because they allow temperature measurement without contact with the person being measured by simply placing the gadget inches from the person’s forehead or ears. There are several brands and types of touchless thermometers to choose from. In this post, we have reviewed some of the best touchless thermometers to make it easier for you to choose the right one for your needs. But first, let’s go over some of the factors to consider when buying a forehead thermometer.
1. No Touch Forehead Thermometer by iHealth
2. Baby Thermometer, Thermometer for Fever Ear and Forehead, Kid and Adult Thermometer
3. TECCPO Thermometer, 3-Color LCD Display, 1S Quick Measurement, for People Baby Kids Body and Surface
4. iProven Thermometer for Fever - Forehead and Ear Thermometer
5. New Digital Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer 8-in-1 Professional Infrared Temporal Fever Thermometer
6. MildSix -Forehead Thermometer for Fever, Digital Medical Infrared Thermometer for Baby, Kids, and Adults
7. Metene - Baby Thermometer for Fever, Instant Accurate Reading Medical Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer
8. Braun Thermometer 2 in 1 No-Touch + Front
9. Cocobear Digital Infrared Thermometer for Adults
10. Wall-Mounted Infrared THERM0METER for Offices, Factories, Shops
Buying Guide For Best Touchless Thermometers
The Benefits of No Touch Thermometers: A no touch thermometer offers several benefits over a regular thermometer. It is easy and convenient to use especially in taking the measurement of kids and the aged who might find it harder to hold a conventional thermometer under the tongue. The thermometer’s non-contact and non-invasive design makes social distancing while taking temperature measurements easy.
Difference Between Contact vs Non-Contact Thermometers: No contact forehead thermometers make use of infrared technology to measure surface temperature conveniently. Compared to the contact-type thermometers, an infrared thermometer guarantees faster temperature readings with higher measurement accuracy and a wider measuring range. Non-contact measurement also allows you to take readings without affecting the body being measured, unlike contact gadgets that can affect the temperature field of the body being measured.
Multifunction vs Single Function: Compared to single-function gadgets, multi-function no contact thermometers make the best touchless thermometers. By allowing you to measure temperature using both the forehead and ear canal, you can easily double-check a person’s temperature readings and be sure you have an accurate measurement.
Features: To ensure that you are buying the best touchless thermometers, it is important that you look out for unique features that make convenient use possible. Some of these features include:
- Backlit Display: This makes it easy to take readings in the dark. Some units also use different backlight colors to provide temperature warning. E.g red backlight shows high temperature
- Fever Alert: Thermometers that provide fever alert use warning sounds, vibration or light to indicate high temperature which is a helpful and intuitive feature
- Memory Function: This makes it possible to store temperature readings for easy comparison. The memory capacity may vary from one gadget to the other.
- Age and Temperature Technology: Thanks to age-precision technology, you can easily enter a patient's age and the thermometer automatically adjusts temperature readings for convenience based on this age.
Are Non Contact Thermometers Accurate?
Non-contact infrared thermometers are reliable and accurate. While accuracy and precision may vary from one gadget to the other, the best touchless thermometers can be up to 97% accurate which them quite effective for screening for fever.
How Safe is an Infrared Thermometer?
Radiation is often considered harmful to human beings. They can cause burning sensations or skin irritation even in small doses. Infrared is a form of radiation on the electromagnetic spectrum. However, the good news is that the best-infrared thermometers have negligible to none radiation. Hence they are considered safe to use on humans.
Nothing beats the convenience of a no-contact thermometer for taking quick and accurate temperature measurements. Choosing the best touchless thermometer can be challenging but we have reviewed some of the best options on the market to simplify the process. The Tawiko wall-mounted thermometer is our top pick if you are looking for a unit that can serve your office, school, or other commercial buildings. However, for domestic use, we recommend the iProven infrared thermometer.