For anyone who enjoys playing the electric guitar, you would realize that having a good amplifier is almost as important as possessing the guitar itself. A guitar amplifier is an electronic gadget that increases the electric signal from the pickup of your electric guitar from weak to strong allowing its loudspeakers to produce sound. However, finding an amplifier for an electric guitar that is good enough and that suits your budget can be a stressful one. To avoid getting a bad amplifier and also ease the burden of searching, below is a list of 10 best electric guitar amplifiers under $200.
Fender Frontman 10G Electric Guitar Amplifier
This kind of guitar amplifier is recommended for beginners. The Frontman 10G provides your tone with intuitive controls; the gain allows you to regulate how hard your guitar amp is driving and the volume controller helps you regulate your volume. The frequencies of the guitar tone can also be switched between the high and the low with the Treble and Bass controls. It also includes a front-panel clean/overdrive switch. To enjoy silent playing that allows rest for the neighborhood, the Frontman 10G comes with a 1/8 headphone out jack and an in jack to which you can connect your media player.
- The Frontman amplifier can be used for violins, karaoke, and Keyboard
- It uses the Ac power and can be plugged into the wall
- The Frontman 10G comes with an Ac Power cord but does not come with a cord that goes from the guitar
The fender champion 20-20 Watt Electric Guitar Amplifier
Weighing 25 pounds, with a voltage of 100 and wattage of 20, the 16x12x16 inches amplifier allows you to customize your sound with the EQ section (bass and treble) and allows you to incorporate effects such as digital reverbs, chorus, vibratone, and delay. The MP3 player can also be plugged into the auxiliary input. If silence is desired, the headphone can be plugged into the 1/8th output jack. It has 17 amp models that will accommodate almost any genre of music from which any tone can be chosen from with just the turn of a knob. Extra cables and other accessories can be stored in the open back cabinet.
- It can be plugged into the computer with an AUX chord
- It includes 2-button footswitch
- It cannot accommodate two guitars at the same time. To do this, you would have to purchase a,b box.
Fender Mustang I V2 20-Watt 1×8-Inch Combo Electric Guitar Amplifier
Any genre of music can be selected from the 17 amp models from which any tone can be played with just the turn of a knob. The onboard amp models can also be edited with the computer using the Fender Fuse software to included effects such as reverb, delay/echo, phaser, and tremolo. The MP3 player can be plugged into the auxiliary input. It includes a 1/8th headphone output jack to which you can connect for silent play.
- The user doesn’t need to buy a cord to connect the amp to an electrical outlet. It comes with about 4 power cords.
- It includes a USB cable.
- The amp does not come with a chord to connect to the guitar; it will have to be purchased separately.
- The microphone cannot be used in the FTSW jack when the guitar is being played, it is for the FOOTSWITCH.
Donner Electric Guitar Amplifier 10 Watt Classical Guitar AMP DEA-1
This amplifier is also recommended for beginners. Weighs 10.9 pounds and with a dimension of 14.4 x 14.3 x 10.2 inches. The gain, boost select switch, volume, treble, middle and bass control provide the user with adequate control of the amplifier and explosive tone. With an edge surrounded by hard materials, the amplifier is protected from potential damage. A pad of rubber also protects the stand and makes it stable. It has a 3.5mm MP3/ line socket that allows the user to connect an external audio source to the amplifier. It also possesses two channels; clean and booster. It has a 1/8 headphone output jack that mutes the speaker output.
- The amplifier can be used with 20-240v power supply.
- The Mic and the auxiliary in can be used at the same time for Karaoke purpose. However, you would need to match the signal level
- It doesn’t come with a chord that you can use to connect the guitar to the amp
VOX V9106 10W Pathfinder Combo
With a 6.5 inch speaker, the Pathfinder combo has a distinctive VOX looks and VOX tone. It has a clean/overdrive switch that can be used to go from a clean, chime-y tone to the creamy warm VOX signature distortion. It also includes the volume, treble, bass and the gain controls for easy handling, a headphone processed output for silent or late-night practice. The filter line output allows for personal recording.
- The combo works well with an Epiphone casino
- The amp comes with a power cord and does not give off any ‘hum’ or ‘buzz’ sound when powered on or left idle
- The volume is low on the clean channel. When there is a switch between the gain channel and clean, the volume is reduced. You would have to increase it all the way to get it loud.
Blackstar FLY3 Battery Powered guitar Amplifier, 3W
Powered by a battery or DC, this mini amp combines two channels; clean and overdrive. An (ISF) Infinite Shape Feature that allows you to change the sound of your amplifier. The Fly3 also comes with anMP3/ LINE IN jack that allows you to connect your mobile phone or an MP3 player and play music. The amp is portable and can be taken anywhere. It has a power wattage of 3.
- It is small but loud. Can be carried about anywhere.
- The Ac can be used with the batteries installed without removing the batteries
- The FLY3 has Bluetooth to which you can connect and play your music
- The amp cannot be used with a planet waves 9V power adapter.
- It does not come with a cable; it has to be purchased separately.
Mugig Guitar Amplifier 10W with Dist and Clean Effect, Support AUX Input and Bass Treble Adjust
Not only does this 6.05 pounds amplifier work for an electronic guitar and bass, but it can also serve as a speaker when the mobile phone, MP3 or USB flash disk is connected to it. The gain on the amp controls how hard the user is driving the amp and the volume controls how loud the amplifier is. The Treble and Bass control help the user shape the high and low frequencies of the guitar tone. The amp is powered by 6 AA batteries or an AC adapter.
- The amp comes with a power chord
- The user can hook a reverb/loop pedal to the amplifier
- It has only one plug, hence, you cannot amplifier the voice and instrument at the same time.
- You could put a rechargeable battery into the amp but it wouldn’t last long.
Marshall MG10CF MG Series 10-Watt Guitar Combo Amp
The MG10CF weighs 10.58 pounds. This amp has 4 channels; clean, crunch, overdrive 1 and overdrive 2. The effect selector has four zones, allowing four effects to be controlled. It allows a combination of the aux input and the headphone. It has a Dimension of 11.7 x 6.9 x 12.4 inches with an output wattage of 10
- A microphone can be plugged into the amp. it can also be used as a speaker or pa
- The amp is not too loud for a practice for home, great sound at low levels. It maintains the quality
- The amp doesn’t come with a cable that can be plugged into the guitar; the user has to make the purchase separately.
- It has only one input; you cannot sing and play the Instrument at the same time.
Peavey Vypyr VIP 2-40 Watt Modeling Instrument amplifier
This 40 Watts amplifier allows access to all its effect, amp models and parameter controls without hooking the amplifier to a computer. The WYSIWYG control surface allows the user to see and adjust the control position. It possesses a USB bi-directional data and audio port which allows the user to record or connect to the VYPYR software to store presets, get lessons and practice to backing tracks while the user is still connected to the computer. It has an acoustically ported semi-closed back, 10 instrument models including 12 string guitar, sitar model, acoustic guitar simulators, 7 string model, baritone model, Resonator model, Bass guitar model, electric model, an enhanced chromatic tuner, 16 presets, 6 bass amp models, 36 onboard amp models, 26 total onboard amp accessible model, making it one of the Best electric guitar amp for under $200.
- Produces good sound when used with an electric acoustic guitar
- It has an input through which you can play music from your phone
- It does not come with a microphone jack on it. Hence, there is no way to plug in a microphone and an electric guitar at the same time.
Pyle-pro PVAMP 30 30-Watt Vamp-series Amplifier with 3-Band EQ and overdrive
This amp Weighs 12.95 pounds, has a 6-inch speaker and contains two channels; clean and overdrive. A 1/4″ headphone jack for silent rehearsing and an output jack for connecting to an external speaker. It also has a 3-Band EQ; control treble, Mid-range, and bass. The frequency response is 20 HZ to 15 kHz with a power of 30 Watt. Quite small in size but one of the best electric guitar Amp for under $200.
- It is light and easy to move around.
- To plug the guitar, the user has to plug it into either one of the first two Plugs next to the dials.
- The overdrive is crunchy and enough for rock, harmonics
- The amp is not battery operated.
- The amp does not work with a Pyle P401 electric drum set.
The quality they say is not in quantity. This simply means that just because your budget size is $200 does not mean you cannot afford one of the Best. It will only take the buyer to know what it is he wants to buy and how to go about the purchase. If you are looking for the best electric guitar Amp for under $200, then the amplifiers listed above will give you a run for your money. Each with its strength and weakness. They may not the biggest or the loudest, but each in its own unique way definitely packs some heat.