One of the most frequently used household appliance is the trash can, and especially in…
Last updated on March 29th, 2020 at 03:27 pm
Humidity and moisture problems are common issues that homeowners with basement are all too familiar with. One major consequence of excessive humidity is that it gives room for mold, mildew and all sorts of fungal growth that are obviously very bad for your health and ma affect the structural integrity of your building. Controlling the level of humidity down in your basement is very possible with the use of a dehumidifier. Just as the name implies, a dehumidifier works to improve the quality of air in your living space by getting rid of excess moisture.
Selecting the best dehumidifier for large basements would require some efforts as there are different types of dehumidifiers to choose from. Here are some of the salient things to be considered before selecting a dehumidifier for basement.
- Review of the Best Humidifiers for Large Basements
- 1. hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier for Extra Large Rooms and Basements
- 2. Frigidaire High 70 Pints-Per-Day Portable Dehumidifier
- 3. Vremi 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated for Large Spaces and Basements
- 4. COLZER 70 Pints Dehumidifiers for Home Basements, Bathroom and Large Room up to 4,000 sq ft
- 5. Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier - Large-Capacity For Spaces Up To 4,500 Sq Ft
- 6. Honeywell 70 Pint with Built-In Pump Dehumidifier for Basement & Large Room Up to 4000 Sq Ft.
- 7. TOSOT Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump for Rooms
- 8. Vacplus 50 Pints Dehumidifier with WiFi Remote for Large Rooms, Large Capacity for Basements Bedroom & Home
- 9. MIDEA MAD35C1ZWS Dehumidifier 50 Pint with Reusable Filter
- 10. Keystone White High Efficiency 50-Pint Dehumidifier with Electronic Controls
- Buying Guide For Dehumidifier For Large Basements
Review of the Best Humidifiers for Large Basements
1. hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier for Extra Large Rooms and Basements
This 4.500 Square feet energy star dehumidifier is suitable for removing moisture from large spaces such as garages or large basements. It has a low level of noise and efficiently eliminates moisture, thus guaranteeing a healthy and quality air in your space. It is very portable and ensures removal of odor and musty smell from your basement. It has the following special features; 24-hour timer, washable filter, control for humidity level and auto restart. Although this model doesn’t come with an inbuilt pump, it has a hose that can easily be used to drain the collected water with the assistance of gravity.
2. Frigidaire High 70 Pints-Per-Day Portable Dehumidifier
3. Vremi 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated for Large Spaces and Basements
4. COLZER 70 Pints Dehumidifiers for Home Basements, Bathroom and Large Room up to 4,000 sq ft
5. Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier - Large-Capacity For Spaces Up To 4,500 Sq Ft
6. Honeywell 70 Pint with Built-In Pump Dehumidifier for Basement & Large Room Up to 4000 Sq Ft.
7. TOSOT Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump for Rooms
8. Vacplus 50 Pints Dehumidifier with WiFi Remote for Large Rooms, Large Capacity for Basements Bedroom & Home
9. MIDEA MAD35C1ZWS Dehumidifier 50 Pint with Reusable Filter
10. Keystone White High Efficiency 50-Pint Dehumidifier with Electronic Controls
Buying Guide For Dehumidifier For Large Basements
Why do you need a Dehumidifier: The first thing to consider when purchasing a dehumidifier is the reason you need to have one. Would there be a difference if you didn’t get one? To answer the question, yes there would be a world of difference. For starters, your basement would get to lose that musty dampness smell that comes with very humid basements. You’d also be safeguarding your health and that of every other person that frequents the basements. Health issues such as Asthma and other allergies can easily be triggered by the high levels of humidity. As long as there is a humidity problem, getting a dehumidifier for your basement is very much essential and necessary. However, if the humidity level in your home is perfect then you may not need a dehumidifier.
How large is your basement: Of course, the size of your basement is a major factor to consider when you need to get the best dehumidifier for large basements. A dehumidifier works by reducing the humid levels in the surrounding space so the size of the space is a major factor to consider. To ensure the efficiency of your dehumidifier, it’s best to select size of your dehumidifier based on the square foot of your basement. The capacity of a dehumidifier is measured in pints; that is, the calculated amount of moisture that can be removed from the air within 24 hours. For large basements, a 70-pint dehumidifier or larger commercial sizes are the best options to consider.
How will I eliminate collected water: During the process of dehumidifying, water is collected from the surrounding air and the air with less humidity is returned out. Some humidifiers come with a bucket or drain pan to collect the water. Once full, the appliance automatically shuts down to avoid spill or over flow. In most cases, the bucket would have to be emptied manually but a pipe can always be connected to the bucket to ensure ease of drainage. This is one of things to put into consideration when buying a humidifier. Be sure to ask how your selected dehumidifier eliminates the collected water.
Noise level: It can be a huge nuisance if you only find out how much noise the dehumidifier makes after it has been installed. So when buying a dehumidifier, you’ll need to ensure that the noise level is suitable for the space you plan on installing it. Of course a large dehumidifier for basement will most likely be a bit loud. But the noise level should still be as minimal as possible.
Useful additional features: Different models of dehumidifiers come with different features that may be quite useful to you. Consider if the model you’d like to purchase has some of these useful features. Some of which include; timer that allows for programming to specifications, adjustable humidistat, constant drainage that relieves you of the stress of manual draining by connecting your pipe to a drainage system, in built pump, auto restart and many more. Carefully decide on which features fit your purpose and are most beneficial to you.